Monday, November 2, 2009

H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccine


Many of my expectant moms are asking about the vaccine for H1N1. While I caution that it is a very personal decision and not one I should make for them, I do share my concerns.

Firstly, I have heard numerous anecdotes of physcians and politicians who are not advising or administering it to their own family members due to concerns about its safety. Apparently they are concerned there has not been sufficient testing.

Secondly, I am angry at the pharmaceutical companies and the media for capitalizing on Americans' fear.

Lastly, I choose not to immunize or vaccinate my own children as I believe the best defense is a healthy immune system. My family routinely uses bee propolis, Emergen-C, and Airborne to fight colds.

No comments:

Post a Comment