Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Letter About a Birth Experience


"My husband and I were very lucky to find Paula. After meeting her just once, I knew that I wanted to be under her care. She is very personable, honest and nurturing.

During my pregnancy I enjoyed very personal one-on-one care with her. I needed someone who I trusted and understood my wishes, expectations and respected them at an extremely vulnerable time. I am very happy to say that Paula met my hopes, needs and expectations.

When I went into labor, Paula offered just the right amount of encouragement (it was important to me not to have a lot of coached pushing). When I started feeling the urge to push, I simply let Paula know, and did what my body told me to do. She helped keep me grounded when it was really hard, and she motivated me, but she was very sensitive to respecting my wishes — there was no yelling or counting or pressure of any kind.

Every time I think about the experience I had giving birth to Isabel I feel ecstatic. It was amazing, beautiful, and more powerful than I could ever have dreamed. I did it myself, but a big part of what made it so wonderful was that I chose the right person to watch over me, support me, and make sure the baby and I were safe. Paula gave me excellent care, was attentive and intuitive, and helped us welcome our new baby in the safety and comfort of our own home. I am deeply grateful that she was there for us during this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment