Thursday, September 10, 2009

Letter from the Suhrs


When I first met Paula, I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with my first baby after having recently moved to California from the East Coast. Up to that point, I had been receiving care from Dr.s and "med"-wives in typical OB/GYN practices. I was growing increasingly uneasy about having a hospital birth, especially after I began researching the facts and safety of birthing at home. After "finding" Paula after doing a Google search for area midwives, I was immediately impressed with her professional website and scheduled an appointment. At our first meeting, I was touched by her genuine love for mommies and babies and I immediately felt comfortable with her. It didn't take long for a bond to develop and I finally felt peace about making a decision to birth at home. When my daughter's birthday came, my husband and I felt completely at ease with Paula's skill and gentle way. We had a wonderful water birth and couldn't imagine being anywhere other than home.

There was no question that when we got pregnant with #2, that Paula would help welcome our baby into the world. I appreciate the on-going relationship that we continue to have with Paula - she is a wonderful resource and friend. Thank you, Paula!

We love you!

Brad, Sharon, Monica, and Myka Suhr

2 comments:

  1. thanks Emily! I wish I could go back and add to the review that Myka's birth was also wonderful, and if anything, it gave me all the more confidence in Paula's skill! we have such a wonderful midwife!

    ReplyDelete