Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Experiences with Paula Schnebelt, LM, CPM

When choosing a midwife, you'll want to know more than just a person's qualifications. You need to know if you'll get along with them - if they'll let you have the kind of birthing experience you've always wanted - if you'll feel comfortable and at ease in their presence. Listen to what experienced moms have to say about Paula's midwifery practice.

"Paula Schnebelt is a blessing to our family and our community"

Thank you so much for all your hard work, support, and guidance throughout our pregnancy and labor and delivery. You are an amazing woman with wonderful gifts. You are a blessing to our family and our community. I know we will stay in touch as Leah grows (and we could possibly work together again...?). If there is any way we can help you, please let us know.

--Kristen, Tom and Leah


"Thank God We Found You, Paula Schnebelt"

Thank God we found you, Paula. We have a beautiful healthy baby girl. God bless you in all you do.

--Alejandro, Marcela and Margarita


"No Routine Procedures"

"My husband and I recently had a very successful home birth, with Paula Schnebelt attending as our primary midwife. Our labor and delivery went extremely smoothly, which I attribute partly to the relaxed feeling of being in a very familiar and safe environment, and also partly to being completely confident in the ability and wisdom of Paula Schnebelt to handle any complications that might have arisen.

One particular thing that I really appreciated about Paula Schnebelt during my pregnancy and after the birth of my baby, was that she gave us choices in everything that happened! There were no 'routine procedures', such as eye ointment, shots, etc., yet they were all options that she gave us, along with the pros and cons of each one. She even asked us about little things, like after the baby was born whether we wanted to weigh her right then or wait a while.

Paula Schnebelt made us feel in control of what happened with us and our baby. I also thought it was pretty neat that she didn't look to check the sex of our baby before handing her to us, so that we were allowed to discover that for ourselves!"

--Chrislyn Clayville


"Paula Schnebelt Was Always There For Me"

"As many months as have passed since the birth of our son – not a day has gone by that I don’t reflect on the wonderful experience of having given birth to him at home. I am forever grateful to Paula Schnebelt for having chosen a profession that gave me and my family so many gifts.

From the very beginning at my prenatal visits, she always took the time to thoroughly and lovingly answer each and every one of my list of questions – no matter how small, I was always made to feel that each question was important. I quickly realized the clear difference between her care and that of a typical ob office. The difference was night and day.

It didn’t take long for me to feel as though I hired not just a professional to attend at our birth, but truly a special friend. Paula Schnebelt would regularly encourage me to never hesitate to call her for any reason, and there were many times I did, and I was always so grateful for her listening ear or knowledgeable advice. These conversations and prenatal visits proved to be of more value than I knew at the time, as often in the typical conversations with other mothers on labor/delivery, I realized that I was prepared by my midwife in ways that others hadn’t been (i.e. preventing a posterior positioning, etc.) However practical and empowering those conversations were, they have now continued on into the many questions that come with being a new mother. And again Paula Schnebelt is ever willing to be there.

The actual home water birth experience was simply wonderful. To have given birth to my child in the peacefulness and safety of our own home, surrounded by the warmth and love of a special few, is something I will cherish forever. The soft lit room, the soothing music, and the natural element of the water to contain me and my baby was just the way I wanted it. It is all something too difficult for me to actually put into words.

Having a homebirth is in itself wonderful, but having midwives by your side that are just as confident to assist you to birth your baby in or out of water, women that share their own journey of laboring and mothering, and professionals that feel more like family, made our homebirth experience that much more amazing."

--Lisette Ross on the birth of her son Caden


"Paula Schnebelt was my rock"

Paula Schnebelt has such a warm and caring heart. During my entire pregnancy, I knew that I could call her for any questions or concerns I had and she would make herself available for me. When I was a week overdue, she was the steady rock I needed, reassuring me that my body knew what it was doing, and that the baby would indeed make it's entrance in due time. She didn't make me feel bad when I called her with multiple false labor alerts. When I finally went into labor, I was able to completely relax and focus on my contractions - I knew Paula had everything under control. I felt completely confident that no matter what came up, she was more than qualified to handle it.

--Joy Haley on the birth of her son Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment