Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Relationship Does Not Stop After Your Birth

I am so pleased with how my wonderful daughters are developing! It is so hard to believe so much time has passed since their births. I can remember like it was today; each one is so imprinted in my consciousness. This is why I am so passionate about trying to protect the birth experience of the women I serve. You only get one chance, and there is conceivably nothing worse than regretting a birth experience. I cannot promise the outcome, but I can promise to give my heart completely to the women and their families that I serve. To do everything within my power to make them proud of their journey.

The service I provide does not stop at the birth; for how could I love so much and give so much of myself then just walk away after? We share the most intimate of experiences; you invite me to share in the most sacred of journeys. We become very deeply bonded. I am now a member of your family. Of course I want you to call me in the middle of the night when you can't sleep because your baby is too congested or miserable to nurse. Of course I want you to call me when you are lying awake wondering if you should go to the emergency room. I am honored to continue to be a resource.

2 comments:

  1. If ever something comes up, an illness or soreness you are my go-to gal, either you will help me or find help for me. I love you Paula! I do need to come see you again and have you see the little ones. I am so excited about the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of the things that I so love about you Paula! Thanks for your continued care and friendship. I can hardly believe how fast time is flying and I totally need to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete